Monday, April 13, 2009

Still Planning



Wow, its been a while.  No, I haven't stopped planning.  I still want that perfect house one the perfect piece of land that fits perfectly into my small single-person budget.  "The Perfect Home"  I know there really isn't such a thing as perfect, but I have my hopes and dreams.

Since September 2008, I have been searching the neighboring towns for the lot, the lot.  I had a few pieces that almost panned out, but I kept running into issues.

Busted lots:

Lot 1:  A small 2 acre lot on Bog Road in Vassalboro, Maine.  It looked perfect.  It was a slopping wooded lot on a bend in the road.  The neighbors were out of sight behind the trees, the school was in walking distance and the lot across the way was an open field.  I thought it was heaven until it was purchased out from under me.  I was so upset and almost cried.  However, it was some force larger then me looking out for my interests.  As it turns out, the lot and surrounding areas has bad water, contaminated even.  Glad I didn't go with that.



Lot 2: Found another perfect lot on Pattee Pond Road in Winslow, Maine.  I was so excited.  Dead end street, no sign of neighbors, and 6 acres.  While it was lots of land at a good price, I knew that the back side of the property was all wetland.  I was okay with that as it insured that I would have little to no neighbors.  The lot across the street was also for sale, but purchased out from under me.  Again I was upset, but wanted the 6 acre lot instead.  Then I found out that the best part of the land, was not a part of the 6 acres.  How crappy.  Thats what I get for looking at land under 4-5 feet of snow.



Lot 3:  This lot was a little out of the way, but I found a really cute 3 acre lot at the very end of the Rock Garden Estates drive in Belgrade, Maine.  The moment I drove in I was in love with the place.  There was already about seven houses in the estate, but they were all so beautiful.  It was such a well kept estate that I was immediately excited.  However, after the initial excitement wore off, I realized how intimidated I was.  The estate was for rich families with 2.5 kids, a golden retriever and they all took turns hosting the monthly BBQ or holiday party.  The estate fees were not that bad, but with my single-person salary, it meant PB&J's for two meals a day, 5 days a week or no showtime.  It was on the wrong side of town anyway, so I decided to keep looking.




No comments: